As measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we have promoted the application of remote work and staggered commuting. Additionally, for the safety and security of our customers, employees, and members of related parties, we have implemented these measures based on government guidelines.
The YAMAGATA Group acknowledges a corporation’s responsibility to consider the environment while conducting business, and the slogan “We think of the environment in every aspect of our corporate activities,” conveys our desire to become a more environment-friendly company.
In order to bring our customers satisfaction and relief in regards to our products, we maintain high quality standards, while at the same time incorporating measures to create products that are environmentally friendly.
Also, while carrying out our services, such as manual and specification production, translation, planning, web and system development, we handle important and sensitive client information. Therefore, we have implemented appropriate security measures in order to protect all of our informational assets.
Information Security Management
We are entrusted important information assets by our clients. In recognition of our corporate obligation to safeguard all of that information from loss, theft, improper disclosure, and unauthorized use, we have implemented appropriate security measures.
Fundamental Information Security Principles
The YAMAGATA Group manufactures product manuals and business manuals in Japan as well as in countries including China, Southeast Asia, Europe, and the U.S., and supplies the manufactured documents all around the world. We also provide various services including digital content creation, web design, system development, design support, and temporary personnel business.
Information and goods entrusted to us by our clients, as well as the progress data and deliverables that are produced, are of crucial importance for customers, and we are therefore required to protect these assets from loss, theft, improper disclosure, and unauthorized use.
Therefore, we believe that as a corporation, it is our social obligation to implement appropriate security measures, maintaining confidentiality, integrity, and availability for all these assets. Our entire staff follows these fundamental principles.
We will continue to conduct our business in strict compliance with legislation, while establishing information security regulations and penalties, conducting adequate training, and working continuously to implement, review, and improve our policies.
SECURITY ACTION TWO STARS
We have declared SECURITY ACTION TWO STARS.
We, as members of the YAMAGATA Group, share the recognition that the conservation of the global environment is one of the core and mutual missions of humankind and the principle of basing all of our conducts in every aspect of our business activities and products on eco-friendly consideration.
YAMAGATA Corporation promotes environmental management efforts based on the following policies in view of the impact of our business activities, products, and services, which involve planning, production, translation, software and system development, printing, and/or bookbinding.
- To promote environmental conservation efforts, we will maintain an environmental system in and with which all members, both organizations and employees thereof, can be active, and pursue continuous improvements and prevention of contamination.
- We will comply with environmental laws, regulations, ordinances, and other requirements that we have accepted.
- We will set environmental goals and targets in promoting the efforts and implement periodic reviews.
To the aim of providing eco-friendly products, we will undertake the following:
- Promote energy-saving activities with a focus on reducing the use of electricity
- Promote sorted collection and/or recycling of refuse produced by business activities
- Manage chemical substances contained in products and continually carry out production with consideration given to the environment
- We will seek to maintain and improve our environmental management system through internal environmental audits.
- We will implement environmental education and public relations activities to ensure that all our employees have an understanding of our environmental policy and are familiarized with environmental information as part of our awareness program for environmental conservation. We will also request understanding and cooperation from our affiliates and business partners upon communicating our environmental policy.
- This policy is published within the group companies and is disclosed when necessary to external bodies.
Chemical Substance Management Policy
- Clarify management standards for chemical substances contained in products
- Control chemical substances contained in products purchased
- Work on the concept of "not using by not purchasing" banned substances
Core Labor Requirements Policy Statement
The YAMAGATA Group complies with the core labor standards based on the ILO Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work. YAMAGATA translates these standards into the following specific objectives:
1. Not allow child labor
We will not employ children under the minimum age for employment as stipulated by law.
2. Eliminate all forms of forced and compulsory labor
We will not force unfair labor in any form of employment.
3. Ensure that there is no discrimination in employment and occupation
We respect basic human rights and do not discriminate based on nationality, race, religion, gender or social status.
4. Respect freedom of association and the effective right to collective bargaining
We respect the right to collective bargaining by allowing freedom of association and consultation between labor and management.